This is a list of materials that are required for the health and maintenance of a French Angora rabbit. French Angoras can weigh between eight and ten pounds (8-10 lbs) and require a larger cage than other rabbit breeds. Before bringing your new bunny home, please have the following items on hand:
• Sheltered wire cage or outdoor hutch. Housing should be well protected from drafts and sunlight. Cages should measure 30 x 30 x 16 inches or (preferably) 30 x 36 x 18 inches.
• 32 oz. water bottle or 32 oz. ceramic water crock
• 1 cup size ceramic or plastic feed dish
• Grass Hay (preferably Timothy or Orchard Grass hay; not Alfalfa)
• Quality feed (16-17% protein) such as:
Sprouted Barley Fodder or Sprouted Wheat Fodder
Blue Seal Show Hutch Deluxe
Blue Seal 16%
• Slicker brush
• Metal comb
• Toenail clipper (usually sold for small dog or cat)
For the Car Trip Home Please bring:
• Secure metal rabbit carrying cage. If transporting more than one rabbit, you must either have separate compartments for each OR separate carriers. They should not be transported together.
• If a metal cage is unavailable, one or more cat carriers may be substituted.
• Feed and Water dishes will not be necessary during transport unless the trip extends overnight or lengthy stops are expected. Rabbits typically do not eat or drink in transport, so it is important to provide food and drink immediately upon arrival home.
Rabbit Supply Sources:
Your Local Feed Store –support your community by shopping local!
Tractor Supply Co. –many locations
KW Cages –based in California
Bass Equipment –based in California
Klubertanz –based in Wisconsin