Would you believe that I actually had to go through our archives on this website in order to find my “To Do” list from last month? Good thing I had this online copy because I surely would have lost a paper copy. I deleted the to do’s that I’ve already done and have even added some more.
New To Do:
* Finish up new items to put in the Little Farm Shop.
* Redo the jute strings that mark off the garden beds. I am removing the 1′ foot wide walking aisles for more growing area (and since they are not necessary) and leaving just the 2′ foot wide walking rows.
* Receive fall seeds in the mail and plant them.
* Sew some old-fashioned topsy turvy dolls for both of my cousin’s baby showers.
* Sew some farm-ish topsy turvy dolls for the Etsy shop.
* Attempt to find enough scrap wood from previous projects to build a solar dehydrator. You read that right… I have the plans to build one and it’s going to be our next project before we lose all our heat and sun.
* Find/buy a few materials to build a “cold storage box”. This storage box will act like a root cellar without
me Trevor having to dig a big hole in the side of the hill.
Still To Do:
* Buy a 10×10′ foot greenhouse for extra fall planting (it would almost cost me more to build one).
* Buy more canning jars ASAP!
* Get a permit for and cut two-cords of wood this summer in time to dry for wintertime use. (see truck “to do” below)
* Propagate French lavender and rosemary plants.
* Train a dependable family member to care for the animals for a day or two so we can go camping.
* Buy “farm truck” that runs, is capable of hauling a bale of hay, that I can fit a car seat into, and is relatively attractive for under $1500.